Monday, August 26, 2013

Time is Starting to Fly



Saturday marked 4 months in the mission and it doesn't feel real. Today is crazy busy so this will be a short post.


Not your US McDonalds

Last Pday Sister Cavalcanti and I got permission from President Tanner to meet up with 2 other sisters, Sister Leite and Sister Oliveira, and head to São Paulo to Parque Ibirapuera and it was a perfect day. We first went to McDonald's (so different in Brazil) and then rode bikes and had a little picnic in the park. It was wonderful.

Riding Bikes in Parque Ibirapuera

Sao Paulo
 
We had our last District Meeting of the transfer on Tuesday.  This is my zone
and today we found out I'm staying here in Ala Utinga (woohoo!!) but Sister Cavalcanti will be leaving me tomorrow for a different area. I'll find out who my next companion is tomorrow as well. I'm excited for a change but will miss S. Cav. This week was amazing.
Sister Cavalcanti's First Reece's ever! She loved it!
 
We met tons of new people to teach and they are awesome. We're excited to have appointments every day because a day without teaching is no fun. Paulo was confirmed yesterday in church and received the gift of the Holy Ghost! He said he feels different and he likes it. This gospel changes lives!
 
Today is full of visiting people and packing and cleaning. I'm also trying to grab a hold of every little thing here that SC knows, that I don't. I don't even know how to get to everyone's houses here yet, so this next transfer should be interesting.
 
It's hot once again...really hot...but I'm sure it'll change soon as it always does. I can't believe my baby brother starts his senior year of high school this week. AHH!! As well as all my friends! Good luck everyone! I love you all! Keep the letters and emails coming, I love it!

Sister Cox  

No comments:

Post a Comment