Monday, October 7, 2013

Transfer Week...



Bom dia todo mundo! This week has been nuts! Seems like I say this every week but this is on my top 5. So Sister Meireles wasn't doing well at all this week. We couldn't work too much and even had a visit from President. We had a long night in the hospital Tuesday night and didn't leave until 1am...my poor companion. She is so weak and dizzy. Please continue to pray for her.
 
We don't know what is going to happen with her except that transfer calls came this morning and we found out that she is leaving me.  I get to stay another transfer in Utinga ward (so excited) AND I'm going to be training! I can't believe it. We have 12 sisters arriving and I'm nervous but excited to meet my new companion! I'm surprised at how much the Lord really must trust me to be the example for this new sister in the field. Kinda scary but amazing as well.
 
I cannot even begin to talk about General Conference!  I hope most of you had a chance to watch.  I had so many things come to mind through all the speakers. There were tears of complete joy this weekend hearing the words of our beloved prophet and apostles...there is nothing better. And it was really different listening as a missionary. I don't know why but everything was just magnified and I was clinging to every word. It was like every talk was meant for me to hear. Needless to say I took tons of notes and am so grateful for everything I learned. Maybe conference was different because in every prayer when they mentioned the missionaries I thought "hey, that's me!" and got chills. I thought also, "that was a prayer that millions of people all around the world said Amen to and it was really cool."
 
One of the things I love the most is the knowledge that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me. I know this without a doubt and am so unbelievably grateful for the gospel in my life. Every challenge in my mission is for my own growth and is necessary. I know the Lord is always by my side and His goal is to bless. For this reason I know that this next transfer will be great!!!
 
The Lord will help us through anything if we will come to Him with a humble heart, willing to submit our will to His and just do what He wants us to do. That is one great thing I have learned on my mission so far. I love my mission so much. I love the people here. I love being a missionary and being able to invite others to come unto Christ every single day. Pray for us to have a great week and pray for Sister Meireles' health! I have really come to love her and say that we are great friends and just want what's best for her. Thank you for all the love and support from home! Til next week :)

Sister Cox

If you missed conference, you still can watch.  Here's the link again.  Thinking especially of YOU!
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2013/10?lang=eng&vid=2721991129001

No comments:

Post a Comment