Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I'm the Happiest Girl in the World!


This week was a real test of patience... BUT! I'm extremely happy because I got some great mail this week!
Thank you Mom for the wonderful package and for the other package of Oreos from E. Toro,  my new favorite mystery person (mom's friend) - I am VERY grateful! All of the Brazilians wanted to try them and loved them (it was a bit hard to share though :) 
 
Irma Clarice - I Love This Woman!
This week had a lot of ups and downs with many dropped appointments; people weren't home, people forgot, etc. but that's the life of a missionary and that's okay. We got to teach English class again on Saturday but this time I taught ALONE! I was a bit nervous. So there's three levels: basic, intermediate, and advanced. I taught the intermediate class since they know the basics but I had to explain a lot of the rules in Portuguese which was not easy. I had a little help from one of the other Sisters in my zone, Sister Robinson, but she's from new Zealand so everything I teach them she laughs at because our "English" is apparently really different. It was a learning experience for sure and I realized what little grammar I know even in my own language ha.

 
Another great part of our week was eating American pancakes! They were so good. One of the members thought I'd be missing American food and made us a bunch, it was so nice. We didn't have the baptism yesterday that we were supposed to have because she never showed up to church so that was kinda sad but no worries, we will work on getting her to church again and finding others to teach! Prayer really is a beautiful thing and I'm so grateful that the Lord hears our prayers. He knows we need all the help we can get. Not much more news for this week so until next week. Have a great one and love you all!!

Brazilian Pancakes - what a difference!

Dog on a House - Pretty Normal Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment